Troops of the Joint Task Force North-East, Operation Hadin Kai, have rescued several abducted victims, neutralised suspected terrorists and recovered explosives, arms and ammunition during a series of operations across the North-East region.
The military disclosed that the operations were carried out under Operation Desert Sanity and other related missions aimed at combating insurgency in the region.
In a statement issued on Saturday, the Media Information Officer of Operation Hadin Kai, Lt. Col. Sani Uba, said troops operating along the Ngoshe-Amuda axis in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State rescued four abducted residents.
The rescued victims were identified as Salamatu Sidiq Ali, 19; Halima Idrisa, 20; Umar Abdullahi, 3; and Mustapha Abdullahi, 4. According to the military, they were among those abducted during the March 3, 2026 attack on Ngoshe community.
The statement noted that after medical examination, the victims were reunited with their families through community leaders.
The military revealed that 65 abducted persons have so far been rescued, while efforts continue to secure the freedom of others still in captivity.
Troops, supported by members of the Civilian Joint Task Force, also launched coordinated offensives in Valle, Ashigashiya and Gakara areas where they engaged suspected Boko Haram and ISWAP fighters.
During the encounter, two insurgents were reportedly killed, while others fled towards the Ngoshe axis following heavy gunfire from troops.
In another operation along the Bravo Kilo 10 axis, troops intercepted suspected terrorists and neutralised one insurgent. A radio set and mobile phone were recovered from the scene.
The military further confirmed the rescue of an eight-year-old boy, Abubakar Mublagha, who was also abducted during the March 3 attack on Ngoshe. He was later reunited with his family after medical checks.
Around the Uvaha area along the Gwoza-Limankara road, troops rescued a 20-year-old Fulani man, Dahiru Ahamdu, who reportedly escaped from terrorist captivity after artillery strikes hit insurgent camps in the Mandara Mountains.
Ahamdu told troops he was abducted on May 8, 2026 while grazing cattle in Bororo village, Madagali Local Government Area of Adamawa State.
Meanwhile, troops stationed at Buni Gari recovered several explosives allegedly abandoned by fleeing terrorists in the Magza area. Recovered items included four 40mm RPG bombs, one 81mm mortar bomb and four 60mm mortar bombs.
Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams safely secured the recovered explosives.
The military also arrested a suspected terrorist collaborator identified as Kuti Muhammad, said to be a member of the Civilian Joint Task Force. He is currently under investigation.
Another suspect, Kellu Alhaji Abba, a 50-year-old woman, was arrested at a checkpoint in Baga, Kukawa Local Government Area. Troops allegedly recovered clothing materials and supplies believed to be meant for terrorists operating in the Dumba area.
Similarly, troops arrested another suspected logistics supplier, Amadu Abdu, along the Dalori axis while allegedly transporting supplies to insurgents. Recovered items included packaged goods, cash, a cutlass, mobile phone and suspected illicit substances.
In Biu Local Government Area, troops responded to an armed robbery incident in Garin Gwigwi village and arrested three suspects identified as Aliyu Mamadu, Umar Mohammed and Adamu Aliyu.
Items recovered from the suspects included mobile phones, charms, jewellery, cash, suspected illicit substances, a dagger, a locally made firearm and a Quran booklet.
Troops working alongside local hunters also arrested four suspected cattle rustlers and terrorist collaborators at Kwaya Kusar Market with six stolen cattle.
The military added that some family members linked to Boko Haram and ISWAP fighters voluntarily surrendered to troops due to sustained military pressure and harsh living conditions within terrorist camps.
Those who surrendered included Aishatu Sale, 20, in Bama Local Government Area, and Hauwa Abubakar, 70, who escaped from a terrorist enclave in the Mandara Mountains.
According to the military, all surrendered individuals have been profiled and are undergoing necessary procedures.
Troops also recovered an AK-47 rifle and a loaded magazine along a suspected terrorist escape route.
The military high command commended troops for their continued efforts and urged them to maintain the momentum in the fight against insurgency to ensure lasting peace, security and economic stability in the North-East.
READ ALSO:
- Nigerian Politicians Won’t Quit Corruption Until Citizens Fight Back, Says Amaechi
- Ashmusy Reveals Why She Chose Egg Freezing After Turning 30
- Acting Was Never My Dream — Genevieve Nnaji Opens Up At Cannes 2026
- Gbajabiamila Reportedly Pushes Special Promotion For Tinubu’s Police Aides
- Troops Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Explosives During North-East Operations

