Human rights activist Aisha Yesufu has appealed to the presidential candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Atiku Abubakar, to call his supporters to order over alleged attacks on Peter Obi and his supporters on social media.
Yesufu made the appeal in a post on her 𝕏 account on Tuesday, alleging that some of Atiku’s supporters had launched what she described as a social media “rampage” against Obi’s supporters.
She said she had also become a target of the alleged attacks and urged the former vice president to intervene.
According to Yesufu, supporters of opposition politicians should demonstrate maturity and sportsmanship, particularly as the 2027 general election approaches.
She argued that instead of attacking one another, supporters of opposition parties should concentrate on the bigger objective of challenging the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and President Bola Tinubu in 2027.
She wrote: “An appeal to former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to call his supporters to order. They have been on a rampage on social media attacking supporters of Mr Peter Obi. I have been one of their targets.”
Yesufu noted that she had previously worked with Atiku when they belonged to the same political party and therefore expected a more respectful approach from his supporters.
Meanwhile, Yesufu has also disclosed that she will not travel extensively across the country with Peter Obi during the 2027 election campaign as she did in 2023.
In a video shared on her official 𝕏 account, she explained that her role during the 2023 election was largely focused on helping Nigerians understand that Obi’s candidacy was not based on ethnicity or religion.
She said her campaign efforts helped convince some Nigerians who initially doubted Obi’s chances that he was capable of mounting a strong challenge in the election.
However, Yesufu said her strategy for 2027 would be different, with greater emphasis on voter mobilisation, election monitoring and protecting votes from the polling units through the collation process.
She urged Obi’s supporters to establish strong networks at polling units ahead of the election and ensure that results are properly recorded and monitored at every stage.
“Yes, your vote that you voted, it must be entered. You must see it manually entered. Follow it. Escort your vote from your polling unit to the ward collation centre,” she said.
Yesufu stressed that her decision not to travel around the country with Obi should not be interpreted as abandoning his political campaign.
She explained that she would continue to support him while focusing on building the organisational structures needed to mobilise voters and safeguard their ballots.
The activist added that young Nigerians were already contributing to the campaign in different capacities, including voter mobilisation, photography, content creation and other forms of support.
She said these efforts would be important in building a more coordinated grassroots structure ahead of the 2027 election.
READ ALSO:
- GOV. DAUDA LAWAL WINS BLUEPRINT’S 2026 AWARD FOR EFFICIENT PUBLIC RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND TRANSPARENCY
- Obasa, Okunola, others honoured at 11th MAYA awards
- Angelique Kidjo Set To Become First African Musician With Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star
- Nigeria Moves To Appoint New Super Falcons Coach Before October
- Poco Lee Reportedly Nabbed In UK Amid Rape Allegation

