There was mild drama at the Special Offences Court in Ikeja, Lagos, on Monday, May 11, 2026, as Justice Olubunmi Abike-Fadipe postponed ruling on a bail application in the ongoing ₦2.04 billion money laundering trial involving staff of the Nigerian Railway Corporation.
The judge adjourned the ruling to June 2, 2026, after hearing arguments from counsel to the first defendant, Felix Njoku, a former Director of Finance at the corporation.
During the resumed hearing, defence counsel Mordecai Adejo told the court that he had already filed a bail application dated February 3, 2026. The application was supported by a four-paragraph affidavit and a written address, which he adopted in urging the court to grant bail to his client.
The case, which involves allegations of large-scale financial misconduct linked to NRC officials, is expected to continue as the court considers the bail request.
READ ALSO:
- Tinubu Orders Arrest of Nwabueze, Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over Fresh Fake Agency Scandal
- Governor Dauda Lawal Distributes Official Vehicles to Judicial Officers, Clears Over ₦600 Million Allowance Backlog
- Arsenal Complete £51m Signing Of Konsa, Confirm Partey’s Move To Al-Shabab
- 2027: Adeleke Is With Us, Wike Says, Predicts Bigger Coalition for Tinubu
- FG Declares Tuesday Public Holiday for Eid ul Mawlid

